Serves: 6-8 Portion
500g peeled Butternut cut into cubes
25ml Cooking Oil
1 Large Onion, diced
2 Medium Potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
2 Carrots, peeled and sliced
5ml Ground Ginger
5ml Ground Cinnamon
1 Litre Chicken Stock
Paprika for garnishing
- Heat oil and butter until butter has dissolved then add the Butternut, Onion, Potatoes, Carrot, Ginger and Cinnamon and cook on a low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Chicken Stock, Milk, Honey, Paprika and pinch of Salt.
- Bring to the boil, half cover the pot and cook until all the vegetables are soft.
- Take off heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Puree the soup mix and reheat a little, while stirring.
(Photo by Ahmet Guler)