Makes: 1 Big cake
Pre-heat oven: 180˚C
Ingredients for Cake:
310ml Light Brown Sugar
375ml All Purpose Flour
7ml Baking Powder
3ml Bicarbonate of Soda
10ml Ground Cinnamon
5ml Ground Ginger
3 Extra Big Eggs
625ml finely Grated Carrot
125ml Chopped Pecan nuts (optional)
Method for Cake:
- Whisk oil and sugar together.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients together
- Add the dry and wet ingredients together with the 3 eggs and mix well.
- Add the carrot and pecan nuts and mix again.
- Spoon into well oiled 23cm loose bottom cake tin.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool down slightly before removing from pan.
- Take out of tin and let cool completely before decorating.
Ingredients for Cream cheese Topping:
50g Soft Butter or Margarine
625ml Icing Sugar
5ml Vanilla essence
100g Cream Cheese
Method for topping:
- Mix all the ingredients with the soft butter.
- Don’t over whisk for the mixture can turn runny.
- Decorate cake and sprinkle some nuts over the end product.