Now this is just my type of recipe…….very very easy, very very quick and oh so very very yummy ;0)
20ml Lemon Juice
350g White Sugar
1 Teaspoon Butter
- Place strawberries in a deep 2.5 litre microwaveable dish.
- Sprinkle Lemon Juice over and cover dish with cling film.
- Microwave the strawberries for 5-7 minutes on 100% power until soft.
- Add the Sugar and stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Microwave the Strawberries for about 20 minutes on 100% power, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes to make sure it does not boil over.
- To test if the jam is thick enough, spoon a small amount on a cold side plate, push with your finger and if it ripples, the jam is ready.
- Stir in the Butter and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Spoon of the foam on top, if there’s any, bottle and seal immediately.
Tip: Remember, Warm preserves get bottled in warm jars, cold preserves in cold jars.