Makes: ±Two Cups
2 Cups Sesame seeds
1/3 Cup Olive oil
The Sesame Seeds needs roasting first
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the sesame seeds and toast lightly – about 2 minutes, shaking the pan now and then to make sure they toast evenly. Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely.
Now you process the toasted seeds with the olive oil
- Put the toasted sesame seeds in a food processor and drizzle in the olive oil.
- Pulse for 3-5 minutes, or until it’s as smooth as you can get it.
- You can add more olive oil if necessary.
- Spoon into a container and refrigerate. It will keep for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
Tip: The sesame seeds burn rather quickly so keep a close eye on them. If you see them turning brown……remove the pan off the heat.
Photo: S Eman