This is a recipe that has won me so many compliments and by far the best one was from Leon, a friend of ours in Moscow, Russia. After he finished his third slice he sat back in his chair and said: ” I can die a happy man now”. That might give you a hint of just how good this is :). And what I love about it is that this cheesecake is just a base and can be used for fruits or chocolate or whatever you feel like to put on as topping for that day.
Makes: One 24cm Cake
Preheat oven: 150˚C
1-1/4 cups digestive Biscuits (or whatever cookies you want to use)
1/4 cup granulated Sugar
1/3 cup Butter, melted
455g Cream Cheese, softened
400g sweetened Condensed Milk
3 large Eggs
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
230g Sour Cream, at room temperature
Fresh Blueberries and Raspberries (Or your choice of fruit)
- Preheat oven to 150˚C.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter then press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Add eggs and lemon juice and mix well. Pour into prepared springform pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Cool and then chill in refrigerator.
- Just before serving remove side of pan and top with the fresh fruit.
I always make a little more base for the bottom of the cake. Just like it a little thicker than normal.