140g Butter, softened
3/4 cup White Sugar
1 Teaspoon vanilla
200g All Purpose Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/3 cup Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C.
2. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
3. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add in eggs one at a time and mix well after each add.
5. Add the vanilla.
6. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder.
7. Fill each cupcake liner ¾ full with batter.
8. Top each cake with 1 teaspoon Nutella.
9. Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a little bit of the batter up over the Nutella.
10. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
11. Remove and let cool completely on a wire rack before decorating.
For the Frosting
115g unsalted Butter, softened
1 cup Nutella
225g Powdered Sugar
2 tablespoons Cream
1. Cream together the butter and Nutella.
2. Add the powdered sugar gradually until ingredients are combined.
3. Mix on a high, adding in cream (2 tablespoons, more or less) until frosting is smooth and creamy.
4. Decorate your cupcakes anyway you wish, piping bag, spatula or finger 😉