125ml uncooked Rice
1 medium Pumpkin
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Onion, chopped
2 big Carrots, sliced and cooked
1 Aubergine, cut into chunks
2 Tomatoes, chopped
1 green Bell Pepper
500ml Chicken Stock
5ml mixed Herbs
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C (350 ˚F)
- Prepare the rice according to the instructions on the packet.
- Cut a slice off the top of the pumpkin and scrape out the seeds and fibres.
- Sprinkle the inside of the pumpkin with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion until soft.
- Stir in the rice and the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, salt and mixed herbs and bring to the boil.
- Spoon the mixture into the pumpkin and cover with the slice hat was cut off.
- Place on a greased baking pan and bake for 1½ hours or until the pumpkin is soft to the touch.
- Serve from the pumpkin, scooping out the rice mixture and the pumpkin flesh.
Tip: Remember to salt the Aubergine first to get rid of the bitter taste.