We just love these cupcakes and they do look impressive once finish. I always feel like a Cupcake Queen when I put these out on the table.
Makes: 30 regular size Cupcakes
2½ cups All Purpose Flour
½ cup Cocoa powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
½ teaspoon Salt
1 cup Butter, softened
2 cups Sugar
1 cup Sour Cream
½ cup Milk
30ml Red Food Colour
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C.
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric beater on medium speed for 5 minutes or until light on fluffy.
- Beat eggs in one at a time.
- Mix in sour cream, milk, food colour and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture on low speed until just blended.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners, filling each cup ⅔ full.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes and then cool completely on wire rack.
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
225g Cream Cheese, softened
⅟4 cup Butter, softened
2 tablespoons Sour Cream
2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
450g Confectioners’ Sugar
- Beat cream cheese, butter, sour cream and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth
- Frost the cupcakes
Tips: Do not over beat the cake mixture. Over mixing cake batter will result in tighter/chewier cakes.