450g Turkey Escalopes
1 Small onion, peeled
1 teaspoon dried Thyme
2 Tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
Salt and freshly ground Pepper to taste
2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
1 Egg, beaten
75g fresh Breadcrumbs
2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
Vegetable Oil for shallow frying
- Chop the turkey finely and put them in a bowl.
- Chop the onion finely and add that, with the thyme and tomato ketchup to the chopped turkey.
- Season with the salt and black pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Form the mixture into 4 large burgers in your hands.
- Spread the flour on a plate and turn each burger in the flour, then dip them in the egg.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the sesame seeds, place the mix in a shallow dish and coat the burgers with the breadcrumb mix. Set aside in a cool place.
- Heat about 1.5cm of vegetable oil in a frying pan over low heat.
- Add the coated turkey burgers and fry them for about 5 minutes on each side or until they are brown and crispy on the outside and cooked in the middle.
Tip: This is a low-fat alternative to beef burgers. To make sure you keep the dish as healthy as possible, use oil that is high in polyunsaturates.