1 Egg, separated
3 teaspoons Coffee Granules
75g dark Chocolate
150ml Double Cream
60ml Whipping Cream
1 teaspoon Castor Sugar
Cigarette Russe Biscuits to serve
- Mix the egg yolk, cornflour and sugar together.
- Add the instant coffee granules to the milk in a saucepan and heat until almost boiling.
- Mix the milk mixture into the egg mixture and pour back into the saucepan.
- On a low heat, bring this to boil, constantly stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat, set aside and stir now and then just to make sure that a skin forms on top.
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl over a pan with simmering water. (Do not let the bowl touch the water)
- Beat the melted chocolate into the coffee mixture.
- Stir the double cream into the coffee mixture.
- Pour the mix into your “serving” cups and put in the fridge to chill.
- Just before serving, whip the whipping cream with the castor sugar until soft peaks form.
- Whisk the egg white in a different bowl until stiff.
- Fold the egg white into the whipped cream mixture.
- Place a large spoonful on top of the chilled chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle some drinking chocolate powder over for presentation.
- Serve with the Cigarette Russe Biscuits.
Tip: Please remember this dessert contains raw egg and should not be eaten by little children, pregnant or breastfeeding mommies. If you have an immune deficiency disease it might be wise to stay away as well.