2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
1 large Onion finely chopped
2 Shallots finely chopped
450g Button Mushrooms finely sliced
150g Wild Rice rinsed and drained
75g long grain White rice
725ml cold Water
1 teaspoon Celery Salt
125ml Dry White Wine
Salt and freshly ground Pepper to taste
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Parsley
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Chives
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the garlic, onion and shallots and cook for about 5 minutes making sure that you stir it constantly.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the wild rice and 575ml cold water and bring to the boil.
- Cover the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Add the white rice and the rest of the water bring to the boil and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the celery salt, white wine and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15 minutes over a low heat.
- Add the parsley and chives just before serving and mix into the risotto.
- Remove from heat and serve in a warm serving dish.