Ingredients – Cupcake
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup plain yogurt, at room temperature
180ml Stout, at room temperature
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1 cup Sugar
1 1/4 cups All-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/8 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
6 tablespoons butter, melted
Method – Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C.
2. Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with cupcake papers.
3. Melt the butter.
4. Whisk together the eggs and yogurt.
5. Add beer and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
6. Sift all the dry ingredients together (cocoa powder, sugar, flour, baking soda, and cinnamon) into a separate bowl.
7. Add about a third of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and using a hand mixer, blend well.
8. Add the rest of the flour mixture, a third at a time, mixing well after each addition.
9. When all ingredients are blended, add the melted butter, continue mixing until very well combined.
10. Pour batter into the twelve cups, filling each only about 3/4 full.
11. Bake on centre rack of the oven for approximately 15-18 minutes.
12. When cupcakes are done (testing with a toothpick whether it’s done), remove the pan to a wire rack.
13. Let cool for five minutes then remove cupcakes from pan and let them cool completely on wire rack.
Ingredients – Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting
230g cream cheese, at room temperature
4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 t. vanilla extract
Seeds from 1/2 a vanilla bean that has been split and scraped
Method – Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium bowl, blend together cream cheese, butter, vanilla and vanilla bean seeds.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing well until it’s all incorporated.
- Use immediately.