Nicholas, my three year old, love cheese and mushrooms and I thought I will treat him and make him some muffins with his two favourites. “Oh wow, thanks Mom, my favourite”. He is so grown up sometimes it scares me and the thought of him leaving the house one day makes me nervous to no end. I just love to watch him eat, he always enjoys every bite and so full of compliments it makes me feel like a real Chef ;0). So, if you like cheese and mushrooms, try this recipe. Must say that it was rather yummy. I did test my muffins after 18 minutes and found that it was still a little wet. So I did leave it in for a further 5 minutes and then left it to cool down in the muffin tin, before taking them out.
500ml All purpose Flour
15ml Baking Powder
125g Button Mushrooms
30ml Spring Onions, finely chopped
100g Cheddar Cheese, finely grated
5ml dry Parsley
1ml freshly grounded Black Pepper
2 extra big Eggs
100ml Oil (I use sunflower for this)
- Preheat oven to 200 ˚C.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, salt and paprika together.
- Add mushrooms, spring onion, cheese, parsley and black pepper to flour mixture.
- Whisk eggs, oil and milk together and add to flour mixture.
- Spoon mixture into an oiled muffin pan. Fill ⅔. (With this I actually used paper cups)
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in muffin pan and then remove.