450g Turkey escallops
2 Onions, chopped
1 green Pepper, chopped
1 red Pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon Paprika
1 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
275ml Sour Cream
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the turkey and fry briefly.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the turkey and set aside.
- Add the onions and the peppers to pan and fry for about 15 minutes until soft.
- Sprinkle the paprika over the onion mix and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Return the turkey to the pan and cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes until the turkey is tender. Stir halfway through.
- Again, with a slotted spoon remove the turkey and keep warm.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pan and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the Sour Cream and cook for another 5 minutes.
- When the sauce starts to thicken, take it off the heat.
- Pour over the turkey to serve.
Tip: To keep the dish plain and quick to make, serve it with some egg noodles tossed in a little butter.