350ml medium-dry White Wine
Juice of 1½ Lemons, strained
175g Caster Sugar
3 tablespoons Peach or Strawberry Liqueur
40g sachet of Gelatine
50g small Strawberries
50g red Cherries, preferably the sweet ones
50g small and seedless white Grapes
For the Decoration:
150ml Double Cream
1 tablespoon Peach or Strawberry Liqueur
1 tablespoon Caster Sugar
- Heat the wine, lemon juice and sugar until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the liqueur and sprinkle the gelatine into the syrup.
- Leave for 5 minutes and then return to the heat and dissolve the gelatine.
- Set aside to cool.
- Cut the nectarines in half, take out the stones and then cut into thin slices.
- Hull and cut into half, all except 6 strawberries.
- Stone the cherries.
- Halve the grapes.
- Arrange a layer of the fruit in tall glasses.
- Pour in enough jelly just to cover the fruit.
- Chill in the fridge to allow each layer of fruit to set before moving on to the next layer.
- When the glasses are full, return to the fridge and let them set well.
- For the decoration: Whip the cream with the liqueur and sugar until stiff.
- Pipe swirls on top of each glass and decorate with the reserved fruit.