Makes: 12 Normal size Cupcakes and 28 mini Cupcakes
Ingredients for the Cupcakes:
1/2 cup unsalted Butter, room temperature
2/3 cup granulated white Sugar
3 large Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 1/2 cups all purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. (or 28 mini cupcake cups)
- In the bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix in.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the egg mixture and milk to the flour mixture and mix well but do not over beat.
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 17 – 20 minutes or when a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. (Check a few minutes before the stated baking time, maybe at 15 minutes, to prevent the cupcakes from over baking. And for the mini cupcakes 8-10 minutes).
- Remove from oven, take the cupcakes out of the pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, frost with the Ganache and dip in the sprinkles.
Ingredients for the Ganache:
250g dark or white Chocolate, chopped
1 cup Cream
- Melt the chocolate and cream very slowly over a low heat and stir constantly until smooth.
- Let cool, but do not refrigerate and dip the cupcakes into the Ganache.
- For a “set” Ganache, put the chocolate mix in the refrigerator.
Tip: When making a white chocolate Ganache, keep the heat low, it can burn quicker.