Makes: 12 Standard size Cupcakes
Ingredients for the Cupcakes:
1/2 cup unsalted Butter, room temperature
2/3 cup granulated white Sugar
3 large Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 1/2 cups all purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup Milk
1 Christmas Mystery Tea Bag (This is a cinnamon, clove and star anise flavoured tea)
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C.
2. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
3. In a small saucepan, heat the milk over a low heat (do not let the milk boil) and add the tea bag.
4. Let the tea bag infuse the milk for about 10 minutes, then remove the tea bag and let the milk cool for about 5 minutes.
5. In the bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
6. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
7. Add the vanilla essence and mix in.
8. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
9. Add the egg mixture and infused milk to the flour mixture and mix well but do not over beat.
10.Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 17 – 20 minutes or when a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. (Check a few minutes before the stated baking time, maybe at 15 minutes, to prevent the cupcakes from over baking).
11. Remove from oven, take the cupcakes out of the pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
12. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, dip them in the glaze.
Ingredients for the glaze:
200g each Milk and White Chocolate, chopped
- Melt the white and milk chocolate separately over a low heat and stir constantly until smooth.
- Let cool down slightly.
- Add the white chocolate to the dark chocolate and using a toothpick, mix the two together.
- Just mix until swirls of brown and white form, over mixing will turn it completely brown.
- Dip the cupcakes in the chocolate mix.