It’s just so good to know that you have something like this waiting in the fridge for you. Your day can be completely misrable…but this torte will make you look forward to “the after dinner tart”. I was not to sure if Nicholas would like this, seeing that the tart is rather bitter. But oh no, my little man had his piece and finished every crumb off the plate.
Makes: 1 x 20cm Torte
60g Butter, melted
160g Graham Crackers of cookies of your choice
60g flaked Almonds and 10g more for decoration
3 sheets Gelatine
200g Dark Chocolate (70%), chopped
3 tablespoons Demerara Sugar
- Lightly oil a 20cm spring-clip cake tin.
- Using a food processor, whizz the crackers and almonds until coarse.
- Stir the butter into the cracker mix and press into the base of the cake tin.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat 150ml of the cream until simmering.
- Take of the heat and add the chocolate to the cream.
- Add the Demerara sugar and gelatine to the cream mix and stir until smooth.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whip the remaining cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks form.
- Stir this into the chocolate and spread over the cracker base.
- Tap the tin on a surface to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- To remove the torte from the tin, just run a hot tea towel around the sides of the tin to loosen it.