This is an ideal starter and the combination of the lovely fruit mixed with the avocado and crisp salad leaves, makes it rather exotic. If you do not have papaya, mangoes will work just as well. Very healthy and suitable for vegetarians.
40g shelled Almonds
1 large Avocado
1 big Papaya
Lime Juice to prevent papaya discolouring
2 Kiwi Fruits, peeled and thinly sliced
225g mixed salad leaves, bite size pieces
Ingredients for the Dressing:
2 tablespoons Orange Juice
2 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
¼ teaspoon Mustard of your choice
Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
5 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Slice the almonds into livers lengthways and set aside.
- Cut the avocado and papaya in half.
- Remove the seeds from the papaya and the stone from the avocado.
- Peel the skin of both fruits and cut the flesh into cubes.
- Put the cubes into a bowl and sprinkle with a little lime juice.
- Add the kiwi fruits and half the almonds to the cubed avocado and papaya and mix gently.
- Put the salad leaves in a serving bowl and spoon the avocado mixture over them.
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing into a jug and whisk together.
- Pour the dressing over the top of the salad.
10. Serve immediately.