I bought these gorgeous red peppers a week or so ago and not sure why. So yesterday I thought that I have to make something from it before they go off. Relish was the only thing I could think about and glad I did. What can be nicer than a Hot Dog topped with homemade relish or a generous spoonful to Steak, Chips and Egg? Yummy, sounds good 😀
Makes: 250ml/1 Cup
4 large Sweet Pointed Peppers, cut into slivers
2 medium Onions, chopped
30ml Vegetable Oil
15ml Olive Oil infused with Chilly
15ml Balsamic Vinegar
80ml White Wine Vinegar
- Cut the peppers into slivers and chop the onions.
- Add the vegetable oil to a pan and fry the peppers and onions for 5 minutes.
- Add the Olive Oil and Balsamic vinegar and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine vinegar and sugar and cook for another 30 minutes on a low heat, until the peppers and onions are really soft.
- Sterilize your jars if you are not using the relish immediately.
- Spoon the hot relish into a warm jar and seal immediately.