For Chocolate Soufflé Day I quickly, and yes this is a very easy and quick recipe, had to make these lovely yummy soufflés as a dessert. Only 3 ingredients and a little butter to grease the ramekins and that’s it. Yes, yes I know the recipes that calls for double cream and whole milk and a ganache filling will win the prize BUT this version only needs the 3 ingredients I am sure all of us have in the kitchen at all times and no, you do not have to rush out and get cream and this and that :D. It’s chocolaty, it’s soufflé-y and it makes your tummy smile, what more can we ask for?
Serves: 6 (180ml Ramekins)
100g Dark Chocolate
60g granulated Sugar
4 Egg whites
2 Egg yolks
Butter to grease the ramekins
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Grease the ramekins with the butter.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan with warm water. (Double Boiler).
- Start whipping the egg whites and as it thickens, slowly add the sugar. Keep on beating the whites until they form soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the egg yolks.
- Add two tablespoons of the whipped egg whites to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Add the rest of the egg whites and the egg yolks to the mixture and combine well.
- Spoon the batter into the ramekins and level with a spoon.
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Tip: Do use dark chocolate with 70% cocoa solids or more.
You can melt the chocolate in a microwave, just keep an eye on it for it can burn easily.