Get the sweet smelling dough in the oven…invite a good friend…put on the kettle…and enjoy these delicious tea treats in good company.
225g unsalted Butter, room temperature
140g Castor Sugar
Finely grated rind of 1 Lemon
1 Egg Yolk, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon Rum Extract
280 All Purpose Flour
85g Pistachio Nuts
Pinch of Salt
- Place the butter, sugar and lemon rind in a large bowl and beat together until light ad fluffy.
- Beat the egg yolk and the brandy extract into the butter mix.
- Sift the flour into the butter mix and add the pistachio nuts and the salt and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Shape the mixture into a log, flatten the sides slightly and wrap in clingfilm.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Line two large baking sheets with baking paper.
- Unwrap the log and cut into 5mm slices with a sharp serrated knife.
- Place the cut pieces on the baking sheets.
10. Bake in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
11. Leave to cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire racks and cool completely.