This is just one of those, easy – no fuss – leave in the oven to do its own thing, kind of dishes. Real tasty, so much so that Nicholas asked for seconds, which is a real treat….seeing that he does not eat meat, peppers, onions or tomatoes 🙂
2 Red Onions, cut into wedges
2 Red Pepper, cut into quarters
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
8 Pork Sausages
Handful of mushrooms, halved
250g Cherry Tomatoes
2.5 ml dried Thyme
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tablespoon Clear Honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the onions and peppers in a roasting tin.
- Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over and season well.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Put the sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes and thyme, in and around the vegetables.
- Drizzle the honey over everything and roast for 30 minutes,with a quick toss after 15 minutes.
- Serve with French fries (chips), mustard mash or freshly baked crusty bread.
Recipe adapted from: EasyCook