Mmmmm, so I have not yet done my shopping for the month and I do not have anything in the cupboard that I can make an awesome dessert with….BUT I did have Bourbon Creams, fresh cream, a vanilla pod and some strawberries. And now, according to Nicholas, “this is a very special pudding, Mom”.
12 Bourbon Creams (Cookies)
250ml Fresh Cream
Seeds of half a Vanilla Pod
Strawberries or berries of your choice
1. Break to Bourbon Creams in pieces and divide evenly between six glasses.
2. Add the seeds from half a vanilla pod to the cream, in a saucepan, and bring to the boil.
3. As soon as the cream start bubbling, take off the heat and let stand for 30 minutes or until completely cool.
4. Spoon the vanilla infused cream over the broken Bourbon Creams.
5. Decorate with the strawberries and serve.
Tips: For a little bit more of a grown-up pudding, add a tablespoon of “real” Bourbon to the cream just before pouring it over the cookies.