A very easy recipe to follow and nothing more to say than: Rich….Dark…and perfectly Moist! My new favourite chocolate recipe!! Enjoy ;D
Makes: 18 cupcakes
250g Plain Flour
60g Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
225g Caster Sugar
150g Mayonnaise ( regular)
1 heaped teaspoon of Instant Coffee
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract/Essence
1. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, bicarb of soda, baking powder and salt together.
2. In a different bowl, cream the caster sugar and mayonnaise together.
3. Dissolve the coffee in the water and add the vanilla to this.
4. Add the coffee mix to the sugar and mayonnaise and whisk until well combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined and fairly smooth.
6. Spoon the mixture into your prepared muffin trays.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
8. Let cool in tray for 5 minutes and then cool completely before topping with your choice of frosting.